- 复数： residences
- 1. They had entered the country and had applied for permanent residence.
- 2. In most of the residence halls we visited, rules prohibit disorderly conduct.
- 4. All single full-time students must reside in university residence halls.
- 5. In 1527 Imperial troops sacked the French ambassador's residence in Rome.
1. any address at which you dwell more than temporarily;
- "a person can have several residences"
- synonym： abode
2. the official house or establishment of an important person (as a sovereign or president);
- "he refused to live in the governor's residence"
3. the act of dwelling in a place
4. a large and imposing house