- 复数： residences
- 1. The house was terribly small and cramped, but the agent described it as a bijou residence.
- 4. The university has two halls of residence for its postgraduate students.
1. any address at which you dwell more than temporarily;
- "a person can have several residences"
- synonym： abode
2. the official house or establishment of an important person (as a sovereign or president);
- "he refused to live in the governor's residence"
3. the act of dwelling in a place
4. a large and imposing house