- 2. Senior officers could be considering a coup to restore authoritarian rule.
1. return to its original or usable and functioning condition;
- "restore the forest to its original pristine condition"
- synonym： reconstruct
2. return to life; get or give new life or energy;
3. give or bring back;
- "Restore the stolen painting to its rightful owner"
- synonym： restitute
4. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken;
5. bring back into original existence, use, function, or position;