- 3. The forces of National Socialism were transforming Germany root and branch.
1. (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes; absorbs water and mineral salts; usually it anchors the plant to the ground
2. (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed;
3. the place where something begins, where it springs into being;
4. a number that when multiplied by itself some number of times equals a given number
5. the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- synonym： solution
6. someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
7. a simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
- synonym： etymon
8. the part of a tooth that is embedded in the jaw and serves as support
- synonym： tooth root
1. take root and begin to grow;
- "this plant roots quickly"
2. come into existence, originate;
- "The problem roots in her depression"
3. plant by the roots
4. dig with the snout;
5. take sides with; align oneself with; show strong sympathy for;
6. become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style;
7. cause to take roots
- Roots Object Oriented Technologies
- Running Out of Time
- relaxation oscillator optically tuned