1. an ordered reference standard;
2. relative magnitude;
- "they entertained on a grand scale"
3. the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it;
- "the scale of the map"
- "the scale of the model"
4. an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
5. a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- synonym： scale leaf
6. a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
7. (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- synonym： musical scale
8. a measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
- synonym： weighing machine
9. a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
10. a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
1. measure by or as if by a scale;
- "This bike scales only 25 pounds"
2. pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
3. take by attacking with scaling ladders;
- "The troops scaled the walls of the fort"
4. reach the highest point of;
- "We scaled the Mont Blanc"
- synonym： surmount
5. climb up by means of a ladder
6. remove the scales from;
- "scale fish"
- synonym： descale
7. measure with or as if with scales;
- "scale the gold"
8. size or measure according to a scale;
- "This model must be scaled down"
- 2. 秤
- 3. 平衡
- Space Checkout and Launch Equipment