- 复数： sheets
1. any broad thin expanse or surface;
- "a sheet of ice"
2. used for writing or printing
3. bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
- synonym： bed sheet
4. (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape;
- "we will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"
- "any line joining two points on a plane lies wholly on that plane"
- synonym： plane
5. newspaper with half-size pages
6. a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
- synonym： flat solid
7. (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
8. a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
1. come down as if in sheets;
- "The rain was sheeting down during the monsoon"
2. cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping;
- "sheet the body"
- 2. 操纵绳
- 3. 帆脚索