- 1. The flagstones beneath their feet were worn smooth by centuries of use.
- 3. Twelve extremely good-looking, smooth young men have been picked as finalists.
1. the act of smoothing;
- "he gave his hair a quick smooth"
1. make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing;
2. (of surfaces) make shine;
3. free from obstructions;
- "smooth the way towards peace negociations"
- synonym： smooth out
1. having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities;
2. smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication;
- "he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage"
- "the hostess averted a confrontation between two guests with a diplomatic change of subject"
- "the manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error"
- "affable, suave, moderate men...smugly convinced of their respectability" - Ezra Pound
3. of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
- antonym： rough
4. not marked with wrinkles;
- "unwrinkled cheeks"
- synonym： unwrinkled
5. smooth and unconstrained in movement;
6. without breaks between notes; smooth and connected;
- "a legato passage"
- synonym： legato
7. without chinks or crannies
- synonym： uncrannied
8. lacking obstructions or difficulties;
- "the bill's path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
- 2. 平稳的
- 3. 滑面
- 4. 正面
- 5. 光面