- 5. Fish is a staple in the diet of many Africans.
1. (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant
- synonym： basic
2. material suitable for manufacture or use or finishing
- synonym： raw material
3. a short U-shaped wire nail for securing cables
4. paper fastener consisting of a short length of U-shaped wire that can fasten papers together
1. secure or fasten with a staple or staples;
- "staple the papers together"
- antonym： unstaple
1. necessary foods or commodities;
- "wheat is a staple crop"