1. a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned
2. drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas
3. something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares;
- "the exam was full of trap questions"
- "it was all a snare and delusion"
- synonym： snare
4. a device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters
5. the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise
6. informal terms for the mouth
7. a light two-wheeled carriage
8. a hazard on a golf course
1. place in a confining or embarrassing position;
- "He was trapped in a difficult situation"
2. catch in or as if in a trap;
3. hold or catch as if in a trap;
- "The gaps between the teeth trap food particles"
4. to hold fast or prevent from moving;
- 2. 多向飞碟