- n.湾，海湾; 犬吠声; 月桂树; 吊窗，凸窗
- vi.（尤指猎犬等）吠，叫，咆哮; 筑堤遏（水）; 穷追，使陷入绝境; 阻止（敌人）不使前进
- 复数: bays;
- 第三人称单数: bays;
- 过去式: bayed;
- 过去分词: bayed;
- 现在分词: baying;
You'd better go to Sick Bay.
Marine biologists are calling for Cardigan Bay to be created a marine nature reserve to protect the dolphins.
He was so happy communing with the dolphin in Dingle Bay.
Eating oranges keeps colds at bay.
Monstrously inflated prices are designed to keep people like us at bay.
Liz adjusted her mirror and then edged the car out of its parking bay.
The house commanded some splendid views of Delaware Bay.
Ferries churn the waters of Howe Sound from Langdale to Horseshoe Bay.
Out on the bay the morning is radiant.
The car reversed into the loading bay.
Wool traps your body heat, keeping the chill at bay.
You are absolutely correct. The leaves are from a bay tree.
Bay leaf is an excellent herb for mackerel.
Time spent at Jumby Bay can be as energetic or as languid as you wish.
Each of the rooms has a superb view of Pissouri Bay.
We sailed into the bay and dropped anchor in five fathoms of water.
The Cardiff Bay project is attracting many visitors.
Hamilton Oil announced that it had struck oil in the Liverpool Bay area of the Irish Sea.
Shopkeepers expertly rolled spices up in bay leaves.
The animals are herded into a bay, then butchered.
My craft zipped across the bay.
The freighter steered out of Santiago Bay that evening.
They built a barrage across the bay.
The large bay has a superb backdrop of mountains.
The lion stood at bay.
They have brought the escaped convict to bay.
The boat were out trawling the bay.
The stag at bay is a dangerous foe.
They boated us across the bay.
The ships in the bay present a beautiful sight.
I was thrilled! I arrived early at byron bay where we were supposed to meet.
2018年高考英语全国卷2 完形填空 原文
The bay was bathed in sunshine, and there was a group of kayakers around 150m off the shore.
2018年高考英语全国卷2 完形填空 原文
While they are rare north of 88°, there is evidence that they range all the way across the Arctic, and as far south as James Bay in Canada.
2019年高考英语全国卷I 语法填空 原文
The early settlers of Massachusetts Bay included men of impressive education and influence in England.
1. an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
2. the sound of a hound on the scent
3. small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors
4. a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital;
"they put him in the sick bay"
5. a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose;
"he opened the bomb bay"
6. a small recess opening off a larger room
7. a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
1. utter in deep prolonged tones
2. bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
1. (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
forced to face or confront one's attackers or pursuers; cornered
bay for blood
demand punishment or retribution
bring someone/thing to bay
trap or corner a person or animal being hunted or chased
hold (或 keep) someone/thing at bay
prevent someone or something from approaching or having an effect