- n.大老鼠; 似鼠动物; <非正式>鼠辈，卑鄙小人;
- 复数: rats;
Though Lloyd George's behaviour seemed curious, Haig still did not smell a rat.
I had to get out of the rat race and take a look at the real world again.
If I don't send a picture, he will smell a rat.
What did you do with the gun you took from that little rat Turner?
They were accused of encouraging children to rat on their parents.
The brown rat has prominent ears and a long scaly tail.
The arrival of warm weather raises the specter of disease and increased rat infestations caused by rotting garbage.
But you promised to help us, you rat!
They longed to escape from the rat race and move to the countryside.
Paul got caught up in the rat race and was never at home.
Dad wants to get out of the rat race and move back to his hometown.
Captain Hardnose certainly ran that rat over the hill.
The lab assistant injected the rat with the new drug.
I glimpsed a rat running past.
The dog is worrying the rat.
A rat can gnaw a hole through wood.
He was wet all over like a drowned rat.
The dog nosed out a rat.
Or a whale, a louse, a rat, a fly?
或者一只鲸鱼 、 一只虱子 、 一条狗 、 或一只苍蝇又会 如何 ?
He used some cheese to trap the rat.
The cat catches the rat.
METHOD Rat models with yang deficiency were made using hydrocortisone.
OBJECTIVE To explore into the pharmacodynamic effect of rhinitis spray on rat models allergic rhinitis.
Its main characters were a rat, a mole, and a toad.
其主要特征是一只老鼠, 一痣, 和蟾蜍.
Conclusion of NOS the obstruction of learning and memory of the rat after exposure to EMP.
Conclusion Composite procaine mixture has protective effects on acidulated alcohol induced gastric ulcer in rat.
This is the rat That ate the malt That lay in the house that Jack built.
1. any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse
2. someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike
3. a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible;
"only a rotter would do that"
"kill the rat"
"throw the bum out"
"you cowardly little pukes!"
"the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
4. one who reveals confidential information in return for money
5. a pad (usually made of hair) worn as part of a woman's coiffure
1. desert one's party or group of friends, for example, for one's personal advantage
2. employ scabs or strike breakers in
3. take the place of work of someone on strike
4. give (hair) the appearance of being fuller by using a rat
5. catch rats, especially with dogs
6. give away information about somebody;
"He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
rat on (美亦作rat someone out)
(informal)inform on (someone) to a person in a position of authority
men will literally choose death over ratting out another prisoner.
鼠：一种具破坏性的杂食小啮齿动物，属家鼠(Rattus)属和其相关诸属，常见于人类居所附近。鼠类不仅可以引起重大的经济损失，而且亦是人类疾病的传播媒介。鼠身至少可藏匿11种能传染给人类的肠寄生虫，诸如绦虫、蛔虫和旋毛线虫等 它们还是鼠疫、斑疹伤塞、Weil病和鼠咬热病原体的贮主。棕鼠(R. norvegicus)的白化突变型供作实验动物之用
- rat around
I didn't do anything but rat around all summer.
- rat ass
If you lie on the ground you will get your clothes rat-ass.
He's always wearing the ratty rags.
- rat around